Online Primary Contacts can create new user accounts in batch to save time when creating multiple accounts.
You'll need to know
- The demographics of the user(s) (username, last name, first name, email, password).
- Institutional Role Code. Find your school's two district identifying and institutional role code.
User Creation csv File Requirements:
Row 1 must contain a header with the exact text in quotes below:
- column A: "user_id"
- column B: "login_id"
- column C: "password"
- column D: "first_name"
- column E: "last_name"
- column F: "email"
- column G: "status"
Row 2 and beyond contain the user information:
- column A: Required: User ID: District id should be all caps. e.g. "LAM" not "lam". For example, GPA99.Name (the name should be first initial, last name)
- column B: Required: User ID, same as column A
- column C: Required: Password
- column D: Required: First Name
- column E: Required: Last Name
- column F: Optional: Email Address
- column G: Required: Always "active"
Creating User Accounts Steps:
- Complete the User Creation csv file and save it to your computer.
- Log into Canvas.
- Point to "Courses" and select "Blended Schools" under "Managed Accounts."
- Click "SIS Import."
- Click "Browse" and select your csv file.
- Click "Process Data."