Online Primary Contacts can create users in Blackboard using the Batch Create Users function.
You will need:
- Access to Blackboard
- A piece of software that can create CSV Files (E.g. MS Excel)
- Download our sample user creation CSV file
You will need to know:
- The demographics of the user(s) (username, last name, first name, email, password).
- Institutional Role Code. Find your school's two district identifying and institutional role code
1. Create and save a CSV file with columns:
- Column A) Username
- Column B) Last Name
- Column C) First Name
- Column D) Email (Optional)
- Column E) Password
- Column V) Institutional Role Code.
- A sample can be downloaded from here.
2. Log in to Blackboard and go to the System Admin tab.
3. Select the Users link.
4. Point to Batch Actions and Select Create Users.
5. Select Browse.
6. Find the CSV File on your computer, select it and click open.
7. Click Submit.
8. Review any error messages and adjust import file as appropriate.