Course Clock is a tool that tracks time spent in Blackboard. You can use Course Clock to see which classes your students are spending time on and how much time each day they are logging in. Generate daily reports or summary overviews. View the video tutorial below to learn how to use Course Clock, as an OPC, to track users’ time spent in Blackboard.
To track student time:
- Log into Blackboard with the username and password provided by your district.
- Click the System Admin tab.
- Click the COURSE CLOCK tool link.
To change the type of report, use the CHANGE VIEW menu at the top-right of the report.
- DAILY REPORT shows time spent for each student in the last 7 days.
- SUMMARY VIEW shows the overall total of time spent.
- DETAIL VIEW shows each time the student accessed Blackboard in a separate row.
- COURSE REPORT shows time in enrolled courses for selected users.
To change the terms of the report, use the filter criteria at top-left of the report.
- Use the drop-down menu at the top-left to select a different class’s Course Clock report.
- Use the calendar icons at the top-left to change the date range of the report.
Use the DOWNLOAD RESULTS menu to select a download format (CSV, XLS or PDF).
To use Course Clock on your start page:
- Log into Blackboard as you normally would.
- Click the blendedschools.net tab.
- Click the ADD MODULE
- Type COURSE CLOCK on the search box at the top-left. Click GO
- Click ADD to put the Course Clock module on your start page.
- Click the blendedschools.net tab to view the new module. It will show your time spent data for all of your courses.
Direct link to video: http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/extwidget/openGraph/wid/1_vjyczkmz