Blackboard Ultra Participant FAQs
· How do I get setup once I load the session?
- You must give the browser permission to use audio and video to participate in a session. This is necessary so that you are seen and heard.
- We recommend Google Chrome for best experience
- Open the Collaborate panel and select My Settings.
- Select Set Up your Camera and Microphone.
- Choose the microphone you want to use. Collaborate tells you that you sound great when it is receiving your audio. Select Yes, it's working to proceed.
- Choose the camera you want to use. Collaborate tells you that you look great when it is receiving your video. Select Yes, it's working to proceed.
· I can’t share a file with my instructor.
o Confirm that the presenter has given you privileges to the room. As a presenter or moderator use Share Content to share a blank whiteboard, an application, or a file. If you are showing a PowerPoint presentation, select Share Files for the best experience for everyone.
o Ensure that you are using Google Chrome.
· I’m having trouble seeing what is on the screen. Can I make it bigger?
o Yes. You can zoom in on a whiteboard or file that is being shared. You can also enlarge captions if you are viewing them. Double-click on the item to make it bigger
· I can’t hear anything. Can I change the volume?
o Adjust your microphone and speaker volume in My Settings. Point to your avatar image to open My Settings. Click Audio and Video Settings.
· I can't find my audio button. How do I turn my audio on?
o The moderator may have turned off your audio in their session. Moderators can turn off audio, video, chat, and edit tools in their sessions.