Online primary contacts (OPCs) can request parent accounts be created. Parent accounts do not affect a member's user band, they are free. Parent accounts are designed to allow parents (or other supervising individuals) to review the grades, activity and courses of a set of students. Many members use parent accounts for parents as well as other supervising users, such as guidance counselors. Parents accounts are not created by the OPC, the OPC will request them using firstname.lastname@example.org.
You'll need to know
- The username(s) of the parent account(s) (e.g. ph55.username1) you wish to create
- The username(s) of student accounts(s) (Student accounts must have already been created) that will be associated with the parent accounts.
- Create the parent user csv file. The first row must contain the header. Complete columns: Column A) Username Column B) Username Column C) Observer Column D) First Name Column E) Last Name Column F) Email Column G) Institutional Role Code (Refer to our role code document) H) Password I) SYSTEM. Notice that columns C, G and I are the same for all users.
- Save the file as csv
- Create association spreadsheet. The first row must contain the header. Complete columns: Column A) Parent Username Column B) Student Username Column C) SYSTEM. Note that the student accounts must already be created.
- Save the file as a csv file
- Email both of the files to email@example.com. Include a subject and let us know that you wish to have the parent accounts created in the body of the email. Attach both files and send your email.
- Accounts may take up to 48 working hours to process. GPA will respond to your email when the accounts have been created.
Video Tutorial (will open in a new window, be sure your pop-up blocker is disabled).